Brilliant Research is based in Singapore and is founded on 16 years of stem cell therapy research from the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Our patents, technologies and proprietary know-hows have been licensed from A*STAR which has several advanced institutions under it’s umbrella including the Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI), the Singapore BioImaging Consortium (SBIC), the Institute of Materials Research & Engineering (IMRE), and the Institute of Chemical Engineering Science (ICES). This combination of advancements and scientific discoveries has paved the way for the foundation of Brilliant Research’s products and service offerings.
The initial primary products available from Brilliant Research are patented stem cell research reagents and they are available in 4 broad categories:
- Microcarriers – have been specially created for a) human pluripotent and b) adult human mesenchymal stem cell (hMSC) expansion and differentiation in both static culture plates and suspension spinner flasks or bioreactor cultures. The first line of products are designed for 3 broad applications: expansion of human embryonic stem cells (hESC) and human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC); differentiation to embryoid bodies (EBs); directed differentiation to specific lineages for example – cardiomyocytes and neuroprogenitors. These microcarriers can be used in conventional plate cultures such as petri dishes, 6 and 12 well non-adherent plates, and in suspension cultures such as spinner/shake flasks and bioreactors. In the pipeline are microcarriers being developed for the expansion of hMSC in serum and serum free media in suspension cultures.
- Labeling Agents– have been created for monitoring and sorting of hMSC. Live fluorescent probes/dyes have been developed for identifying stem cell proliferation or senescence. A variety of antibodies for staining and killing human pluripotent stem cells; and several antibodies for detecting human cardioprogenitors and retinal pigment epithelial cells are also in the pipeline of products being launched. Customers can pre-order these antibodies.
- Human Stem Cells– human pluripotent stem cells differentiated to cardiomyocytes and neuroprogenitors for research applications such as tissue engineering, toxicity assays or organoid development. In the pipeline are proliferative and senescent adult MSC that will be made available. Customers can pre-order the amounts that they want on the product pages.
- Small Molecules– have been developed and patented for inducing cardiogenesis and stem cell maintenance. Customers can pre-order these.
In addition to the patented stem cell reagents, Brilliant Research offers training both theory and practical as well as consultancy services.
Training & Consultancy Services
- Stem cells
- Bioprocess development scaleup and optimisation for stem cells.
- Serum free media development for suspension cultures.
- Integrated expansion and differentiation of pluripotent stem cells.
- Bioreactor fed batch cultures. Quality assessment and control of stem cells.
- Particulate assessment of the bioprocess.
- Purification of stem cells.
- Novel potency assay development.
- General education on stem cells basics.
- General education on stem cell therapies and clinical trials.
In addition, we have extensive experience in training scientists and engineers in Biologics Manufacturing based on a 10-year track record of offering the Bioprocess Internship Programme (BIP) at the BTI. The BIP programme consisted of a 6-month theoretical training in:
- Expression Engineering
- Bioprocess Technology
- Good Manufacturing Practice
- Analytics for Bioprocesses
- Protein Formulation.
Interns also received a 3-month hands on training on production of antibodies with animal cells (CHO cells) in bioreactors, protein purification and protein analytics. In parallel, each intern embarked on a 6-month research project in one of the research departments of BTI. A specially crafted 3 to 5 day training programme based on the BIP course content can be offered to industry and academic parties. Individual, shorter topic specific seminars can also be offered. Hands on practicals over 2 to 4 weeks can also be organised for graduate training or for industry partners.
For enquiries on all training or consultancy services, please write to us.