MSC Production & QC Starter Kit
All-in-one starter kit
- Quantity : 1 Kit
- Shelf life : 1 Year
- Store at : 20 C
Human mesenchymal stem cells are versatile cells which have found a broad range of applications in over 1000 clinical trials ranging from immune diseases, restoring degenerated of tissues, support of blood stem cells, to healing of stroke and lung injury. For many of these applications, a significant dose of cells are needed ranging from 10 million to 1 billion cells [1, 2]. Typically, researchers will use tissue culture flasks to generate the cells; however this is both inefficient and requires handling of multiple individual flasks during seeding, feeding and harvesting.
Brilliant Research has developed extensive solutions for MSC expansion in bioreactors that can reduce the cost of manufacturing by 5 to 7 fold and prime MSC towards osteogenic and chondrogenic differentiation [3, 4, 5]. Based on our expertise, Brilliant Research has launched a new MSC production kit to help researchers achieve their MSC production goals. The MSC production kit consists of all the components needed for producing 100 million MSC in one culture vessel. The kit consists of MSC-SpheresTM, a 125ml spinner flask, a 50ml filter for cell harvesting, a 4 station agitator platform and 20 assays of SenezRedTM for quality control of the expanded MSC. This Production Kit will help researchers achieve their expansion needs in a simpler manner and at a fraction of the time compared to tissue culture flasks.
- Production of MSC for in vitro studies and in vivo transplantation [3,4,5].
- Production of MSC for tissue engineering [3,5].
- Production of MSC for autologous applications.
This product is for research use only and not for use in clinical applications.
Protocol available upon request.Request Protocol
- Rowley J, Abraham E, Campbell A, Brandwein H, Oh S. (2012). Meeting lot size challenges of manufacturing adherent cells for therapy. Bioprocess International. Pg 16-22.
- Application of human mesenchymal and pluripotent stem cell microcarrier cultures in cellular therapy: achievements and future direction. Chen AK, Reuveny S, Oh SK. Biotechnol Adv. 2013 Nov 15; 31(7):1032-46.
- Microcarrier culture for efficient expansion and osteogenic differentiation of human fetal mesenchymal stem cells. Goh TK, Zhang ZY, Chen AK, Reuveny S, Choolani M, Chan JK, Oh SK. Biores Open Access. 2013 Apr; 2(2):84-97
- Increasing efficiency of human mesenchymal stromal cell culture by optimization of microcarrier concentration and design of medium feed. Kuan-Liang Chen A, Chew YK, Tan HY, Reuveny S, Weng Oh SK. Cytotherapy 2015 Feb; 17(2):163-73.
- Expansion in microcarrier-spinner cultures improves the chondrogenic potential of human early mesenchymal stromal cells. Lin YM, Lim JF, Lee J, Choolani M, Chan JK, Reuveny S, Oh SK. Cytotherapy. 2016 Jun;18(6):740-53.